What is S.A.D (Seasonal Affective Disorder)?
Seasonal Affective Disorder affects many people during the long, dark winter months. The condition can cause feelings of depression, despondency, lethargy, loss of energy, anxiety and lack of libido.
Approximately 50% of non sufferers have some degree of SAD symptoms during winter months or prolonged bad weather. This will adversely affect mood ratings and memory performance as well as increasing the risk of Ricketts in unborn children due to the lack of vitamin D.
Now you can top up your missing vitamin D and fight the winter blues at the Medely Clinic in Grays with the use of the Ultima 4 Light Box providing 10,000 Lux of natural daylight to help redress the balance of your mind and body. If you recognise the symptoms and think you might be suffering from S.A.D. make an appointment and discover the difference the Ultima 4 Lightbox can make to your life.
Do You Suffer From S.A.D?
Here are some of the symptoms of S.A.D:
- Depression, feelings of gloom and despondency for no apparent reason
- Lethargy, lacking in energy, unable to carry out a normal routine
- Anxiety, inability to cope
- Social problems, irritability not wanting to see people
- Sleep problems, finding it hard to stay awake during the day, but having disturbed nights
- Loss of libido, not interested in sex or physical contact
- Craving for carbohydrates and sweet foods, leading to weight gain
- Low Vitamin D levels
Come And Fight Those Winter Blues At Medely Clinic ‘Light Clinic’.
See what a difference the ‘Ultima 4’ Light Box can make to your life. The ‘Ultima 4’ Light Box is the biggest and brightest currently available on the market, providing 10,000 Lux of Full Spectrum Natural Daylight.
Hourly Sessions available October to March